Sunday, June 29, 2008

ALTL MIA

I know I've been missing in action for the most part lately. Sometimes life happens, ya know? Here are some highlights and short blurbs of all the things I have wanted to say, but never made the time to log out of my work google calendar in order to log into blogger during the day.


  • Eddie Fucking Izzard - What can I say, another thing scratched off of my list of things to do before I die. We sat five rows back. He was totally a fly by the seat of his pants sort of guy, and so much of the comedy was in his delivery. He wasn't dressed in drag that night, but DAMN, did those jeans look good on him. The crowd loved his Mac loyalty and making fun of the PCs - turning on a PC was demonstrated as putting all of one's effort into turning a lever, like a jack in the box, but more heavy duty. The auditorium was never short on laughs, except for the few awkward silences where no one knew what the hell he was talking about. Which made it all the more funnier.
  • This one is just for my partner in crime ALTR - Texas senator John Cornyn is a big ol' fag
  • The Bridge Lounge is a hopin' bar again. I have tried to go there three times this week and every time there is not a seat to be had. While a crowd can be fun, especially when on the prowl, I am a bar sitter and thus this causes me to be disgruntled.
  • The guys working on the monstrosity for Lakeside Mall at the corner of Vets and the Causeway have a little fun with their jobs. The painting began with a coat of chocolate brown something on a very light colored surface. Messages appeared such as "The cows have no milk" or "The owls will fly 2 nite." One day I drove past and could only see the "@bellsouth.net" of someone's e-mail that had been plastered up there. The messages lasted 36 hours max, and while not political nor hilarious, those guys made something interesting of their job. My favorite was the little smiley face man with big ears who was up at the top for a full week in white on the brown before the whole building was painted white and began to be covered with panels. I tried to take a picture one day while driving home but almost ran into the guard rail instead.
  • Speaking of Jefferson Parish, there is some filming going on over in the Lakeway Center. When I inquired to the building management why 6th Street was supposed to be shut down here and there she said it was some filming for some Jefferson Parish tourism bullshit. However, word on the street is it's some sort of movie. The set up isn't huge, but it makes more sense than filming Lakeway One for some tourism stuff - what about that is supposed to lure one to JP?
  • I've started reading a lot of blogs by call girl types. It's everything I wanted my "sex" contribution to THP to be, but am too chicken to share. It appears, however, that a lot of these blogs have passed their hay day and the girls are now in relationships and have let their blogs, well, go. My faves I have run across is Electrolyte Dating and turnyourselfin. I feel like I have some good material to submit to unfortunate cocks (definitely NSFW), although the legality has come into question.
  • Bill Clinton says Obama can "kiss my ass" - I love when those in the limelight show that they are real people, too.
  • And finally, don't fuck with pelicans. Or hang out in their vicinity, apparently.

A poor attempt at gathering my thoughts from the last couple of weeks. I'll try to be better.

No comments: