Sunday, July 8, 2007

So I'm an adult now

Speaking of bullets, last night A Little to the Right attended a party at a certain venue in the hood. ALTR and her friends got lost along the way (of course, how can one find a random street like “Abundance” without any street signs) and witnessed several likely drug deals going down along the way.

Anyhow, the function was mostly composed of individuals slightly older than ALTR, but was nevertheless part of my quest to become an adult. As my date who is of the almost-thirty variety described me last night, ALTR is in that “fun” stage marked by the transition from college to the working world. But, last night on what I can happily refer to as my first nightly adventure in my new “adult” life, even in the hood, I was easily reminded of why I love this city so much. The crowd at this event was young professionals, but the catering: a taco-truck of Jefferson Parish fame. A Mexican gentleman wearing a “Proud to Be a Republican: Texas GOP” t-shirt (much to ALTR’s delight of course) served me two beef tacos on a Styrofoam plate. Word to those who haven’t sampled the delightful Tex-Mex offerings of these Jeff refugees: you’re missing out. Try the beef.

And speaking of the ghetto, C. Ray is at it again, suggesting that perhaps he’s just a few donations away from declaring his intentions to become the first African-American governor of the Pelican State since Governor Pinchback’s month-long go in 1872.

No comments: