Thursday, December 20, 2007

ridiculous

I have been totally slammed at work. I haven't been able to keep up with the public housing debate. But...peaceful protest. Look it up.

I get a phone call from a guy coming from downtown to my office. He is stuck in a "riot." Come to find out, since he has a radar detector and GPS unit stuck to the inside of his windshield as well as a pair of handcuffs on his rear view mirror, the crowd on Poydras wherever he was thought him a cop. His car got hit with a milkshake, eggs, and other misc. food items. It took him forever to get through the mob surrounding his car. Then he gets stuff all over his suit trying to clean off his vehicle.

This sort of shit pisses me off. I don't care what your cause is. Violence is not the answer. Sure, violence may get you things, but then you're no better (in this case) than common criminals.

Then the Live updates feed just irritates me further.

No comments: