Friday, August 29, 2008

Katrinaversary

I really think that New Orleans might as well shut down for the day every day on August 29 for the next ten years. This morning it took me thirty fucking minutes to get out of Mid City because Canal was blocked off at City Park. I was staying right down the street there, so I didn't know it until I had made a block and had to go back to where I started. Then I saw a school bus get into an accident. (Yes, I know, the new memorial was unveiled today. But some of us do have to work.)

Last year I couldn't even get on the interstate to go to work because President Bush was in town so all on ramps were blocked.

Yes, please, remember everything that happened and those that we lost, but for the love of god please don't make my life more difficult than it already is!

No comments: