Thursday, August 28, 2008


Water may have been flying off the shelves in some places, but Dorignac's certainly was not the place to be if that was on your agenda. It certainly wasn't on ours. My girlfriend and I went to go pick up some liquid dinner on the way home from work and we decided to make the plunge and try the new Absolut Los Angeles.  Being a loyalist (my roommate and I once purchased a case of Absolut New Orleans), the first time I saw it I was unsure of how I felt supporting LA, but the pomegranate and blueberry sounded really appealing (of course we got a bottle of Absolut as back up in case this flavored vodka sucked).  It has a delightful scent and goes down quite smooth.  I am currently enjoying it on the rocks, but I know not everyone is a purist such as myself.  My hoe threw some Sprite in hers, which cuts the vodka taste and makes it a bit more sweet.  Of course the website offers some delicious alternatives, such as cranberry, pomegranate juice and lemon-lime soda to float off to Absolut La La Land.  I give it a thumbs up, though I don't know that I would go out of my way to purchase it.  But in this moment, it's perfect.  And it will be perfect when we're sipping out of the flask when we depart for the Superdome momentarily.  

No comments: